If you have a rotted window panel/sill and you or someone in your home has cardiovascular related issues you shouldn’t take the situation lightly. Water mixed with rotted wood is an ideal breeding ground for mold. While it may be true that most types of mold is relatively harmless, the same can’t be said about black mold.
Black Mold or Stachybotrys chartarum is a toxic species of mold that negatively affects the health of individuals who inhale its spores in several ways. For starters, it leads to anxiety and depression, aggravates asthma, it can also lead to coughing coughing and sneezing as well. Prolonged exposure is even more detrimental as it eventually leads to vomiting and the bleeding of the nose and lungs. The problem with black mold is that it’s particularly hard to identify and just because you may have black mold, it doesn’t mean it’s the toxic kind.
Our Barrington-based company frequently encounters this specifies of mold and by contacting us we will be able to immediately identify if the mold your home is infected with is toxic. Even if you do not have mold, you should consider getting a rotted sill replaced because it will eventually lead to the development of it.