Window repair in Aurora
It’s always a good time to talk about wood window repair and energy efficiency – the summer is the right time to actually get to it, and prepare for the cold season by weather-proofing windows. That’s particularly true if you live in a historical house, and the winter makes it clear that you haven’t prepared properly.
Order a free estimate for the repair of windows in Aurora by phone + 847-979-0316 or through feedback
If you need to know how weather-proofing can lower your electricity bill, and what exactly needs to be done – call us, and we’ll gladly provide you with details on window repair and restoration for your particular case. Here’s a general overview.
You love your windows, they are a part of your home’s distinct character, but it’s just too cold in the winters? This is a frequent complaint heard at our shop, which specializes in wood window repair in Aurora and around the Chicago area. We have extensive experience in window weather-proofing, which is currently considered the best option for dealing with the elements. What are the technical possibilities? Here are some of them:
- Check all of the sash locks and make sure that they are tight enough and do not allow drafts.
- Use weather stripping along the window sash perimeter. There are numerous kinds, and we’ll suggest the most appropriate one for your window type.
- Caulk both the exterior, around the window opening, and on the inside, around the trim.
- Make good use of accessories, such as curtains and blinds
- Install interior or exterior thermal panels or storm windows
- Specialized low-emissivity window glass coatings are another step towards energy efficiency. They keep the heat on the inside in the winters, while keeping your home cool in the summer. There are passive low-e coatings and solar control low-e coatings. We won’t go into more detail here, but call us for more information and for a customized approach to your specific needs for window repair in Aurora.
Contact us for professional advice on window repair Aurora
It’s clearly best to leave this complicated work to professionals for a speedy and high-quality solution to your weather-proofing needs. We’ll be happy to discuss your windows and provide excellent service in all related areas – window restoration and replacement, as well as door repair and window glass repair.